The below policy is current as of June 5th, 2020
The Denver Croquet Club has been working diligently to monitor the COVID-19 pandemic and align the operations of the Croquet Lawn in Washington Park with the recommendations of the public health orders that have been issued. We are dedicated to protecting the health and safety of both the public and our croquet players.
All relevant Denver Department of Parks and Recreation Rules and Regulations for Park Use MUST be followed. In order to remain open, all croquet players, their guests, and any spectators inside the fenced area must obey the following rules designed for everyone’s protection.
PLEASE stay home if you are feeling sick or awaiting test results, and stay home until you are healthy!
Coming to the Lawn
- No player or spectator may be inside the fenced area without first signing the most current Denver Croquet Club COVID-19 Policy Agreement/Waiver.
- All players and spectators must also ‘sign-in’ upon arrival so your presence can be recorded to support local public health contact tracing efforts if exposures occur.
- Bring your own hand sanitizer, pen, mask, disposable gloves, and any other personal protective equipment you feel necessary. Bring your own pre-filled water bottles.
- Trash cans have been removed. Please remove all of your own trash when you leave.
Lawn Setup and Teardown
- Use hand sanitizer before and after handling any Club equipment or locks.
- Wear disposable gloves when accessing the storage locker and removing equipment including wickets, balls, posts, etc. This applies to club mallets, the boundary line winder, electric drill, and flags, if used Disposable gloves must be worn when setting up and taking down the court.
- NO MORE than 25 people are allowed inside the fenced area at any time.
- Everyone must maintain physical distancing of at least 6’ (more than this is better) from anyone else inside the fenced area, except between members of the same household, at all times
- ALL persons MUST be prepared to wear a face cover inside the fenced area unless you are alone on the lawn. This can be a home-made face cover. Use of face covers on the court is recommended but not required unless a player asks all players in his/her game to do so.
- Players using Club mallets MUST sanitize the mallet handle before and after use.
- DO NOT share or touch anyone else’s equipment (mallet, clips) or the wickets, post, etc.
- Hands should be sanitized after they come in contact with any shared surface.
- Players may want to disinfect their ‘striker’ ball. Players should avoid handling balls whenever possible. Bring balls inbound and move balls into place with your feet. If other balls, hoops, or stakes must be touched, sanitize your hands prior to the resumption of play.
If you are not sick, are symptom-free and feel safe to play croquet, please come enjoy a game at the
Denver Croquet Club in Washington Park.
The croquet lawn can remain open if everyone obeys all safety and physical distancing requirements. We are all in this together. Thank you in advance for respecting each other by adhering to all physical distancing protocols.
Players must follow all of these COVID-19 Policy rules or they will have to leave the croquet lawn.
Denver Croquet Club COVID-19 Policy Agreement/Waiver
All Club Members, Other Players, Guests, and Spectators, upon entering the fenced area of the Denver Croquet Club in Washington Park to play, practice, or watch croquet (1) Agree to follow all applicable rules and protocols regarding the use of the Lawn and Club Equipment in the June 5, 2020 Denver Croquet Club COVID-19 Policy, and (2) Waive any and all claims of liabilities against the Denver Croquet Club, its Board of Directors, or contractors relating in any way to the COVID-19 virus or any precautions taken, or failed to be taken, in connection therewith.